Thursday, July 5, 2007

Friendship (clarification)

an interesting topic to talk about..

mmm...

like the definition in Wikipedia (an exciting in-human-languange-encyclopedia) that I found :
Friendship is a term used to denote co-operative and supportive behavior between two or more humans. This article focuses on the notion specific to interpersonal relationships. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, and affection.

I dont really agree with this Wikipedia definition (yep, since it's an opinion from some stranger) (anyone reading this blog, if you are a philosopher please do change this definition in Wikipedia)..I prefer affection...a considerate word for a relationship of humanbeings...an affection not to have but an affection that emerge based on mutual understanding and care..

A friend said that, family, love, & friendship is the feeling-driven topics..anything to do about those topics, then logics cant explain most of our actions...I do agree (esp. love :p)..I can always talk several hours in the phone with my best friend, going to Jatinangor just to talk with my bestfriend, mad at somebody that makes my bestfriend cry, cry instantenously when i heard about my bestfriends difficulties, or slap a boy face when I heard he is impolite to my bestfriend (hehehe yes, I've done this)...

But, maybe as most of the people that read this blog realized, that my life is full of ambition, I have many things to achieve and to think about...thus, I dont really have enough time with my friends...I dont have the time to go to the mall together, shopping, stayed together for the night, or doing girl stuff..And, I even have the problem of short-term memory of remembering my bestfriend's birthday!!!GOSH!!(I'm sorry, I think my bestfriends really know this character)...yep, I'm not an image of a good best friend ever in the world...In addition, my father taught me to be independent, if I can do it by myself then I'll do it by myself..I hate being too dependent to my friends, I dont know why, but it makes me feels weak...and I dont really want to be considers weak (except by my boyfriend, of course :p maaf ya sayang)...

I can only offer my best friend several simple things...
  • a shoulder, an ear, and a heart to comfort, hear, and suggest from deep down my heart when he/she cry
  • a hand to help if they needed it
  • a huge smile when I hear about he/she happiness

why does friendship has a deep meaning for me?...The answers are simple : Firstly,I'm the only child...I dont have any brother nor sister...I once said to my lecturer that I need my friends, since I learn alot from my community and they are my source of inspirations...Secondly, My Prophet Muhammad taught us to always uphold 'sillaturrahmi' (good relationship with others), since we cannot live alone...

May ALLAH gives the opportunity for me to become a better friend..Amiinn

No comments: