Friday, July 6, 2007

Lolita Moorena

Hahaha...

Mind me guys..I'm being narcistic right now..

A friend of mine ask me (about 5 minutes ago) what does Lolita Moorena means ? so, now here I am excited, to write what does my father prays me to be (in Javanese culture : a name is the parent's prayers)...

My father adores a woman named Lolita Morena, a successful and beautiful woman indeed. She is Miss World and Miss Universe from switzerland and currently a celebrity and a presenter. A very enchanting woman with many talents, I guess. Because of admiring this pretty woman, he, my father, decided to named me after her!!hehehe He prays to have a daughter that has a successful carier and beauty like the original Lolita Morena...yep yep I hope I can make it come true, even though he did a corny modification with my Last name!!hahaha

Many people asked about this name, then with the spirit of puberty (at my senior high school) I searched several literature about Lolita and Moorena...I found several though, Lolita in sansekerta (ancient Javanese accent) means 'moving aroud'...(hehe yep yep I agree with this meaning since I cant stop doing many activities)...my friends usually laugh when they hear this meaning, they absolutely agree with it!!hehehe...

next word, Moorena...I was almost desperate to find the meaning...but coincidentally, a very best friend of mine, a phillipinos, told me the tagalog meaning of this word..in Tagalog, Morena means 'a beautiful girl' hehehe...very exciting!!hihihihi...so here here...another prayer from my father, accidentally, wishing to have a beautiful active girl..hehehe cool

some of you may have heard or read the definition in Oxford dictionary : ok that's not what my father meant...it's just a misconceptual interpretation caused by the Nabokov novel..and you know what, Nabokov actually didnt tell about a 'naughty' girl called Lolita..The morale is a woman can do anything for her lover, yet love is full of sacrifices...hehehe...(always look at the morale guys!!)

Nevertheless, many people uses the word Lolita in many uneducative ways...one of the examples is the websites of lolita.com...really misleads and creates a negative image..hiks..hate those websites!!let's banned them!!
as much as, I always wanted to banned those uneducative SINETRON (soap opera)!!

Anyone ever reads Nabokov's novel 'Lolita' ? please share it with me..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI the site at lolita.com is no longer available. Perhaps you'd like to replace it with your own? ;-)

Yeah, it really annoyed me when I tried looking up your name at Google one day and that "Cumi" thing showed up instead, saying that I'm trying to "violate AI3 policy".

Still, I think Lolita is a unique name fit for a unique, caring and smart girl like yourself :-D

Sinetrons? They're just money-making machines used by people who couldn't care less about educating the people... Even the religious ones are worthless... AARRGGHHH!!!!

Judge Ahmad said...

So, this is what does your name mean...
Hm...an additional info for the interview, hehe....

Btw, let's pray your profile be accepted by my boss, so that you'll be Flash's covergirl, and I'll receive the honor :)

Ahmad Fikri
new-ahmad.blogspot.com
(visit my blog sometime, yaa)

Anonymous said...

well... seems like yer father's prayers come true eh? ne way don't forget to pay a visit to my multiply ... ne way, what's yer faverite color ?

Anonymous said...

Loli... Kangeeen, sekarang udah di jakarta ya lol?

Novel Lolita itu sekarang lagi dijual di Gramedia Kelapa Gading loh, gw belum baca detail sih, tapi gw baca summarynya.. Seorang om-om jatuh cinta sama anak di bawah umur. Supaya bisa deket sama lolita-nya itu, si om akhirnya menikahi ibu gadis tersebut. Dari sini cerita berawal, kisah cinta terlarang yang membuat miris orang.

Ckckck...

Tapi lucu juga ya bokap lo, dan bener ya nama itu adalah doa :)

cheers,
Achie